1. When and how did you get started in CrossFit? How long have you CF? Seth and Emily knew that Rick and I were going to be backpacking and hiking in Yellowstone NP and the Tetons in 2013 and encouraged us to start CrossFit in their first home’s garage and knew we were really out of shape and wanted us to be able to do that hard hiking trip. I started working out about a month after Rick started, so it was October 10, 2012.
2. Tell us a little about yourself. I just retired from my job of 22 years at IMCU on May 18, 2018. I am the only girl in my family of 4 children and the only granddaughter on both sides of my family, which is probably why I was always a tomboy, but I never regretted that since I always needed to be tough to survive living with brothers and the chores we did on the farm. I graduated from North Putnam High School in Putnam County, then graduated from Indiana Business College with an Associates Degree in Administrative Secretarial in 1971. I’ve had a lot of experiences in my life: raising 3 beautiful girls, teaching children at church for 15 years, then teenagers for 20 years and going on mission trips and graduated seniors on the senior trip.
3. Favorite movement or workout? I like tabatas since you get a variety on each type of movement.
4. Least favorite movement or workout? Least favorite is snatches since it’s hard for me to do them.
5. What are your long term and short term goals? Long term goal is to be able to continue to do CrossFit even though some days are really hard for me. Short term goals are getting my house cleaned out and getting rid of things that I no longer want or need and especially so my daughters and granddaughters won’t have to do that some day.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? Raising 3 beautiful daughters to be great adults and parents to their children.
7. What do you love most about Constant Quest? The family atmosphere is what I love most at Constant Quest. You don’t get this in other workout gyms and this family would do anything for you and help out anyone who needs comfort, encouragement and just a hug when someone completes something new or have had a bad day.
8. What is your favorite cheat meal or snack? I love pizza or bread and sweets, but I know I have to watch how much I eat since I gain weight easily.
9. Tell us something outside of CF that you like to do. I love to go hiking and it doesn’t matter whether it’s in the mountains or just in Indiana. I love being outdoors.
10. What is your favorite music or band? Christian music is my favorite, but I like a variety of music types except rap.
11. If you were an animal, what would it be and why? I love cats, whether it’s tigers or kittens because they are very entertaining, easy to take care of and their purrs are music to my ears.