1. When and how did you get started in CrossFit? How long have you CF? I started doing CrossFit at the end of September of 2016. So I have been doing CF a little over a year now. Funny story I guess on how I got started. I drove past now what is Constant Quest, before there was a sign even out, saw people running and lifting weights and thought..hmm I wonder if that is a gym? So, I stopped, and it was! I must be a glutton for punishment because who is interested in a place where they make people run? And I have being going to CrossFit ever since!
2. Tell us a little about yourself. I am 33 years old. Grew up on the west side of Indianapolis and moved farther west as I got older. I have been married to my husband Joe for a little over 2 years but we have been together for 15. We have 2 cats. I have two degrees. One in Fine Art Photography and one in Respiratory Therapy. I now work with children with Autism and it is probably the most rewarding job I have ever had!
3. Favorite movement or workout? Power Cleans!! All day!! So I really enjoyed being able to Rx the workout “Grace”.
4. Least favorite movement or workout? Burpees will always be my least favorite thing ever, but I also don’t like the assault bike or wallballs.
5. What are your long term and short term goals? Long term I would like to be able to Rx more workouts and maybe do a Olympic lifting competition. I really enjoy lifts. Short term would be to do more competitions and to be able to do more of the gymnastics movements.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? My proudest accomplishment in CrossFit was competing in the Rookie Rumble competition. Being able to keep going and pushing through hurdles of thinking I wasn’t going to be able to do it was big for me. As well as just sticking with something this long truly has been a mental accomplishment as well.
7. What do you love most about Constant Quest? I love the community and how welcoming everyone is at CQ. They have grown into like a family. I look forward going to workout and seeing everyone at the gym!
8. What is your favorite cheat meal or snack? Loaded Cheese fries! I love potatoes and I LOVE cheese!
9. Tell us something outside of CF that you like to do. My husband Joe and I also like to travel, take little weekend getaways, find fun little places to visit and try new places to eat. I am a big U of Michigan fan so every year we go to a game.
10. What is your favorite music or band? I really like a wide variety of music. I really enjoy 80’s music as well as 90’s. I do like music from today like Macklemore, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga and so on. I can pretty much jam to anything. I could probably pick a favorite band from each type of music, but if you want me to go old school on ya a little bit I’ll go boy band era and say my favorite band is The Backstreet Boys!
11. If you were an animal, what would it be and why? My favorite animals are cats. So if I was an animal I would be a Liger. It’s the best of the two best cats, the lion and the tiger. Plus, it was bred for its skills in magic!